All The Feelings + The Last 10 Days

Saturday, November 15, 2014


November 6'th was my sister's birthday and my mom and dad's 47'th wedding anniversary.
It's also the day my dad went into the ICU.

I don't think I quite have the mental energy to go through the whole story from beginning to end yet, but he had a stroke.
It's not the usual kind, this stroke caused bleeding in the brain. A lot of bleeding.
Instead of surgery at this time,  the doctors opted to see if the blood will be reabsorbed into his body.
In the mean time, you pray that there is no more bleeding.
And just wait and see what happens.

These last ten days have been full of fear, waiting, hope and exhaustion.
They have also been full of friends, family and a lot of good things, too.
I think these last ten days we have felt ALL of the feelings... all of them, from one end of the spectrum to the other.
Often all in a matter of hours.






These are the days to be thankful for so much, I know this.
These last 10 days have been full of so much, including so many big lessons, personally.
And so much hope.

There is so, so much more to say.... But this is all I can muster up tonight.
If you have commented on my Instagram posts or sent a kind message or kept us in your prayers, then Thank you, so very much.


:::::::::::::::::







2 comments:

  1. I really hope everything is OK for you and your family Amy. What is supposed to be a time of so much joy and happiness has been shadowed by fear and sadness. It is times like these that we really appreciate how much our families mean to us.
    My thoughts are with you and here is hoping that your Dad makes a full and speedy recovery x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gem! That was so sweet and really means a lot to me. We have a long ways to go but we are trying to remain positive and hopeful at this time. Thanks again! : )

      Delete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.