Weekend Snapshots

Wednesday, September 9, 2015


Our long holiday weekend was unscheduled, unplanned and perfect. 
In all honesty I stayed in my pajamas a lot of the weekend, reading, watching movies, doing a little cleaning and organizing around the house. 
Our weekend started early when the kids had a half day on Friday due to the heat.
Ahhh... Remember the days when you got out early from school, unexpectedly, for heat or snow or whatever? Those were the absolute best days. 
We spent just an afternoon/evening at the Cabin and the kids got to hang out with their cousins.
No staying over this time, which was fine by me, because it felt like it was about 100* down there.
Still it is always pretty, peaceful and one of my favorite things to do is walk from the cabin down the lane to the road and walk a ways down the road.
Getting to walk down the road at sunset there is just one of my favorite things ever.
I am easy to please.
This right here is what makes me sometimes think maybe I was meant to live in the country.
Beautiful, simple, quiet, breathtaking.
I know it would probably lose a lot of it's novelty and would just become part of my everyday and not so special, of course I know that, but it still makes me think; "Maybe someday..."

Besides sweating the entire time we were there, it was just what I needed... A great way to spend part of the long holiday weekend.
It's hard to believe it is already Wednesday, this short week is going fast.
Hope you have a great day!










1 comment:

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.